Benefits of This Filter Cartridge
- Water has to be decontaminated before it can be distributed as local drinking water. Mostlocal water sources use chlorineto prevent contamination with germs and bacteria from the water. While it is good for disinfecting the water, it can prove harmful to human health including anincreased risk for cancer. The good news is that filtering your water helps to remove the chlorine leftover from city water filtration systems.
- Limescale is the off-white, chalky deposits that you often find in tea kettles. It is one of the things that make your home water feel “hard”. Along with creating hard water and causing buildup in your pipes and appliances, limescale makes your water taste worse. In some areas tap water has a high amount of limescale. And sometimes even bottled water can contain limescale. Because of this, a filter can be incredibly important. A quality filter will greatly reduce limescale in your drinking or cooking water.
Better for the Environment
- 17 million barrels of oil are used to create one year’s worth of bottled water in America. That doesn’t even account for the carbon emissions and bottles that end up in landfills . When you filter your water, you are able to get it straight from the source. This cuts out the disposable bottles. Investing in a reusable water bottle can save you money in the long run. Also, it saves the environment from the negative impact of mass production of disposable water bottles.
Reduces Tap Water Odor
- You may have noticed when you turn on your tap water that there is an unpleasant smell. Because tap water is treated with a variety of chemicals, exposed to heavy metals, and other environmental aspects, your water may have a bad smell. Fortunately, filtering your water helps to remove the chemicals and other outside contaminants. This is what is causing the unpleasant odor. Removing the odor makes your water drinking experience much more enjoyable.
Improves Skin Health
- It is generally well known thatdrinking plenty of water helps improve skin hydration. Drinking filtered, clean water can add to the benefits of your skincare routine as well. With fewer harsh chemicals in your water, your body will have an easier time processing the water and keeping your skin perfectly hydrated. Aside from dietary water, filtering your shower water can soften the water and leave your skin with more moisture than if you use regular tap water.